I don’t know about you but I know what I’m doing the next 6 weeks.. Weddings. When it comes to Bridal Makeup, I always remind my brides that the less makeup you need to apply, the better. Keeping your skin fresh and healthy during all the stress of planning a wedding (and the changing seasons) can be tricky! Make sure to treat yourself to a deep cleanse regularly and don’t forget to sleep!
To prep for Flawless Skin::
- Drink water – a lot of it! It’s important to keep hydrated – your skin will be full and clear. Doctors recommend women drink about 2 liters of water a day! Need motivation? Check out these recipes for Dolled Up Water.
- Avoid excessive alcohol. I know, Bachelorette Parties, Bridal Showers, the list goes on. Limit your intake and keep chugging that water to compensate!
- Exfoliate regularly! Keep those skin cells fresh by exfoliating at least 2 times per week.
- Treat yourself to a facial no less than a week before your big day. If you’ve never had a facial before, book one at least a month before to see how your skin responds. You want your wedding day makeup to look like a flawless version of yourself, facials help create a smooth palette to work with.
To prep for Kissable Lips::
- Again, DRINK WATER. This calorie-free blessing is the number one gift for looking amazing. Not only will drinking water help detoxify your skin, it helps keep your lips plump and smooth.
- Use a sugar scrub in the shower 2 times per week on your lips – the steam will help soften the skin making it a much more gentle exfoliation. Make sure it is specifically formulated for lips (like this one).
- Final step, lip balm. Nourish your skin and keep it hydrated with a pure, petroleum-free lip balm (I love Pangea Organic’s Italian Red Mandarin with Rose Lip Balm – $12). Just don’t forget your TicTacs! xo